Hand-painted drum composed of a walnut-stained wood shell and black hoops with rope tuning cords. The drum was used in the Civil War by Calvin R. Fix, a private in the 4th Minnesota Infantry Regiment who rose to the rank of Principal Musician in the Eleventh Minnesota.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © MNHS.