The first City Hall building of Waconia, c.1890. This building was destroyed during the Waconia Cyclone on August 20, 1904. When the upper floor fell, wooden chairs on that floor remained standing perfectly straight in their rows.
Hand-painted drum composed of a walnut-stained wood shell and black hoops with rope tuning cords. The drum was used in the Civil War by Calvin R. Fix, a private in the 4th Minnesota Infantry Regiment who rose to the rank of Principal Musician in the Eleventh Minnesota.
Civil War surgical instruments and case, 1861-1865. This kit used by a Fifth Minnesota Infantry Regiment surgeon, with its prominent amputation saws and scarificators for bloodletting, illustrates the reliance of physicians in the era before germ theory on "heroic" medical interventions.
The month of March 2008 marked the 75th anniversary of the Civilian Conservation Corps, established March 31, 1933. Curator Matt Anderson commemorates the occasion with a look at CCC pieces in the Minnesota Historical Societys collection.