Initial page of a circular distributed by the General Land Office and dated March 21, 1857. The circular explains how land will be divided among the "Dacotah or Sioux Half-breeds or Mixed-bloods" following the act approved by Congress on July 17, 1854.
The first City Hall building of Waconia, c.1890. This building was destroyed during the Waconia Cyclone on August 20, 1904. When the upper floor fell, wooden chairs on that floor remained standing perfectly straight in their rows.
Hand-painted drum composed of a walnut-stained wood shell and black hoops with rope tuning cords. The drum was used in the Civil War by Calvin R. Fix, a private in the 4th Minnesota Infantry Regiment who rose to the rank of Principal Musician in the Eleventh Minnesota.