The regiment's battle flag consists of one layer of silk with the federal seal painted in the center. Remnants of gold fringe are attached to the top and bottom of the flag. The Eighth received its flag in Paynesville, Minnesota, in May of 1864.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © MNHS.