Looking east from the Robert Street bridge at a Milwaukee Road freight train behind double-headed steam locomotives passing the St. Paul Union Depot, 1952. Photograph by the St. Paul Dispatch and Pioneer Press.
Looking northwest across the park, c.1900. The turreted house near the center is, or are, the Hardenbergh and Blood mansions, a double house designed by Clarence H. Johnston. To the right, at the north end of the park is the Uri Lamprey house, which predated the park. The west wing Minnesota Judicial Center now occupies that site.