Photograph of reference monument 44, Rose Island, Lake of the Woods. The monument marks the northwest point of Lake of the Woods on Rose Island. Photographed by William E. Lass on May 23, 1972.
Black and white engraving on paper depicting Lake Pepin. Made by Jacob C. Ward c.1840.
Painting by Birney Quick of the Lake Superior Shoreline, 1956.
Renovations at Lake Winnibigoshish 1898–1899.
The last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park, 1960.
Laura Ingalls Wilder, c.1894.
Oil-on-canvas portrait of Indian Agent Lawrence Taliaferro painted c.1830.
Laying the cornerstone of the Exposition Building, 1886. Photographer: William H. Jacoby.
Laying track near Detroit Lakes, Soo Line Railway Company, 1904.
One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture over the north entrance of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on June 1, 2008.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .