Sanford Hall, built in 1910 and named for Maria Sanford, was the first women's dormitory at the University of Minnesota, c. 1915.
Abandoned log savusauna similar to the one in Cokato, Pelican Lake, 1964.
Sauna stove, 1974. Photographer: Matti E. Kaups.
Sawmill on the Red Lake Reservation, c.1945.
Black-and-white photograph of the Temple of Aaron's religious school in 1918.
School destroyed by the St. Peter Tornado.
School police telling boys to get down from truck, c. 1924.
St. Paul school police parade, c. 1931.
A country schoolhouse near Fosston, Minnesota, 1895. In the first years of statehood, school teachers in rural districts had to "board around" with local families.
Schubert Club Board, c.1910.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .