A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Photograph of reference monument 44, Rose Island, Lake of the Woods. The monument marks the northwest point of Lake of the Woods on Rose Island. Photographed by William E. Lass on May 23, 1972.
Black and white engraving on paper depicting Lake Pepin. Made by Jacob C. Ward c.1840.
Painting by Birney Quick of the Lake Superior Shoreline, 1956.
Renovations at Lake Winnibigoshish 1898–1899.
The last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park, 1960.
Laura Ingalls Wilder, c.1894.
Laurel Terrace rowhouse, 294-296 Laurel Ave., St. Paul designed in 1887. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 7, 2014.
Lawrence S. Donaldson at his desk, c.1920. Photograph by C.J. Hibbard.
Oil-on-canvas portrait of Indian Agent Lawrence Taliaferro, c.1830. Artist unknown.
Laying the cornerstone of the Exposition Building, 1886. Photographer: William H. Jacoby.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .