Moving the Oliver Mining Company Clubhouse, 1920. This structure was so large that it had to be cut into two pieces to make the move.
Oliver Iron Mining Company’s first location at Soudan, St. Louis County, 1884.
Oliver Kelley home marker, Sherburne County, 1937. Photograph by Everett E. Edwards.
Oliver Kelley house, restored, 1979.
Landscape watercolor on paper by Edwin Whitefield painted, c.1856–1859.
Open pit mining, Mesabi Range, c.1950.
The opening of the first Minneapolis skyway, connecting the Northstar Center and the Northwestern National Bank; Leslie Park is at left, 1962.
An operating room at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester, 1893. The Sisters of St. Francis at St. Mary's were known for their excellent nursing care.
The ore docks at Duluth, 1903. These docks were originally begun by the Merritts, but the family was barely able to utilize them before losing their mining interests to John D. Rockefeller.
Oren C. Gregg, superintendent of the Farmers' Institute, and Lyon County auditor for ten years, c.1905. Photograph by James A. Brush.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .