This Brooklyn, New York-made waist belt belonged to Josiah Lathrop of the Eighth Minnesota's Company H.
United States Light House Service uniform hat worn by Orren Young, the first head light keeper at Split Rock Light Station. Young wore the hat between 1910 and 1928.
Underground miner, Mesabi Range, c.1906.
Underground mining on the Mesabi Range, 1906.
Unfinished watercolor and pencil study for a poster, possibly by Mary S. Campbell, c.1915.
Men's full length Munsingwear union suit. The union suit is knit of a wool and cotton blend and has long sleeves, a high neck, full open front with twelve white buttons, and a back flap. The suit's knit cuffs are sewn to each sleeve and leg opening.
Watercolor of the Grand Marais Lighthouse by Mike Lynch,1984. Lynch was involved with the Grand Marais Art Colony.
Canteen used by Private Daniel H. Hunt, Company A, Third Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
Frock coat worn by Col. Christopher C. Andrews of the Third Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
Dark green knit silk uniform sash worn during the Civil War by Chief Surgeon Alfred Wharton of the 6th Minnesota Regiment. Wharton resigned in 1864 due to illness contracted while at Helena, Arkansas.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .