The old Babbitt plant of the Mesabi Iron Company was enlarged and rebuilt for use as a test plant by Reserve Mining Company in 1951–1952. It operated from 1952–1957 producing taconite pellets.
The Old Union Depot, St. Paul, c.1890.
Photograph of the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis, c.1930, as it appeared when the Andrews Sisters won a talent contest that launched them on the vaudeville circuit.
From left to right: Leonidas, John, and Bert Merritt exploring, 1890.
Postcard depicting harness-racing at the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand, c.1910.
Map reproduced in William Watts Folwell's History of Minnesota, Vol. 2 showing railroad lines in Minnesota as graded, located, proposed, and constructed between 1857 and 1862.
The rapids of Saint Anthony Falls in 1869, as they appeared before the break in the tunnel.
The record-breaking Mississippi River flood covers the Red Wing riverfront, 1965. Floodwaters covered the railroad tracks and blocked access to the bridge to Wisconsin.
State Prison of Minnesota, Stillwater, Minnesota from An Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Minnesota,1874.
The twin ports of Superior, Wisconsin, and Duluth, Minnesota, 1909. Author: H. (Henry) Wellge. Publisher: Northern Scenic Publishing Company.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .