Watercolor on paper depicting Chief Wabasha’s village on the Mississippi River. Painted c.1845 by Seth Eastman.

Wabasha's village c.1845

Watercolor on paper depicting Chief Wabasha’s village on the Mississippi River. Painted c.1845 by Seth Eastman.

Waconia City Hall

Waconia City Hall

The second city hall building in Waconia. Refurbished into senior apartments in the late 1990s and early 2000s. This building was nominated to the National Register for Historic Places.

Photograph of Waconia public school (District #44) c.1892. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.

Waconia public school

Photograph of Waconia public school (District #44) with students and teachers, c.1892. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.

Postcard with an image of Waconia public school in 1900. Created by the St. Paul Souvenir Company in St. Paul.  Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.

Waconia public school

Postcard with an image of Waconia public school in 1900. Created by the St. Paul Souvenir Company in St. Paul. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.

Waconia Street Scene

Waconia Street Scene

Shows Main Street in the early 1900s.

Waconia Street Scene

Waconia Street Scene

Shows Main Street of Waconia in 1868.

Wah-ba-sha Village on the Mississippi River 650 Miles above St. Louis

Wah-ba-sha Village on the Mississippi River 650 Miles above St. Louis

Wabasha's village c.1845 on lands which were ceded to the United States by the Treaty of Mendota.

Walker Art Gallery; T.B. Walker standing on Grand Stairway, Minneapolis

Walker Art Gallery; T.B. Walker on Grand Stairway

T.B. Walker standing on the grand staircase of the Walker Art Gallery, Minneapolis, c.1925.

Walking stick used by William de la Barre

Walking stick used by William de la Barre

Triangular wooden walking stick capped with a sterling silver floral engraved headpiece used by William de la Barre.

Black and white photograph of the Wanamingo Elevator, c.1950.

Wanamingo Elevator, Wanamingo

The Wanamingo Elevator, c.1950. The community was located on early stagecoach road and wheat trail that linked Red Wing and Kenyon.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia