Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.
Photograph of a booth staffed by members of the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) at the Minnesota State Fair c.1980. Used with the permission of the Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest and obtained from the Nathan and Theresa Berman Upper Midwest Jewish Archives at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.