Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Black and white photograph of furniture window display, c.1920.

Furniture in window display

Furniture window display, c.1920.

photograph of limestone kiln

G. A. Carlson kiln

Red Wing's leading quarry owner G.A. Carlson built this 1882 Barn Bluff limestone kiln near the Milwaukee Road's tracks. He wished to facilitate shipments of lime and cement. The kiln, pictured about 1885, still exists.

G.A.R. ribbon

G.A.R. ribbon

Ribbon created for the 1884 Grand Army of the Republic National Convention held in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

G.A.R. sack coat

G.A.R. sack coat

G.A.R. sack coat worn by an unidentified veteran of the First Minnesota Regiment.

Black and white photograph of G.O. Miller store in Vasa.

G.O. Miller store in Vasa

G.O. Miller's first store in Vasa, the Swedish colony founded in 1853, is the building to the left. Immigrants from Sweden made Vasa the center of their Goodhue County settlement. The community retains its Swedish heritage to the present day.

Contemporary photograph of an 1856 structure in Carver Minnesota

Gables

Gables at 201 Fourth Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built in 1856.

Black and white newspaper image of Gale Pillsbury Hilyer, c.1919.

Gale Pillsbury Hilyer

Gale Pillsbury Hilyer, c.1919. Hilyer was captain of Company C of the Sixteenth Battalion, Minnesota Home Guard. Image is from the Minneapolis National Advocate, March 15, 1919.

Black and white photograph of students in a gardening class tend a field in Pipestone County, c.1918.

Gardening class in Pipestone County

Students in a gardening class tend a field in Pipestone County, c.1918.

Black and white photograph of the exterior of the Chaska pickling factory showing the vats used to brine the pickles, undated.

Gedney Pickle Plant

A side view of the exterior of the Chaska pickling factory showing the vats used to brine the pickles, undated.

Black and white photograph of a man standing to the left of the Gedney sign, outside the Chaska factory,  c.1980s.

Gedney Sign

A man standing to the left of the Gedney sign, outside the Chaska factory, c.1980s.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia