This battle flag of the 1st Battery, Minnesota Light Artillery consists of one layer of red silk with a gold knotted fringe around the perimeter and three pairs of ties for attachment to the staff. The flag is adorned with battle honors encompassing much of the battery's service.
The 221 was the first "Yellowstone"-type steam locomotive delivered to the Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range, and the first to be road tested out of Two Harbors. This view shows the locomotive en route to the DM&IR, wearing a "Baldwin Locomotive Works" banner, 1940. Note that the main rods, eccentric cranks, eccentric rods, etc. have been removed for transport.