By the early 1900s, Goodhue County had emerged as Minnesota's leading cheese producer. The county's southeast district around Pine Island, including Pine Island Cheese Company was a production leader, 1937.
Two boys playing ping pong at the Jewish Educational Center Annex while a group of children looks on, 1940. In 1936, the J. E. C. annexed an adjacent home to be used for children's groups and arts and crafts classes. The annex was closed in 1940 and activities shifted to Mt. Zion and Temple of Aaron.