On May 14, 1917 the Minnesota Commission of Public Safety began the appointment of "Peace Officers." Officers wore metallic badges and protected the private property of citizens.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .