Children checking books out with the librarian at the Waconia Public Library.
Members of Red Wing's Company G, Thirteenth Minnesota, photographed at San Francisco
Duluth & Iron Range Railroad Locomotive #46 (built in 1888) with log train at Endion Depot.
Ilmar Koivunen (right) with Ernest Tomberg, 1938. Koivunen became president of the Timber Workers Union in 1937.
Factory production of cellulose tape, 1931.
Riverfront flour mills before the 1878 explosion. Left to right: Washburn A Mill, Crown Mill, Empire Mill, Pillsbury B Mill, Excelsior Mill, paper mill, and Northwestern Mill, c.1877.
Residence of John M. Bayard, section 26, Mount Pleasant Township, Wabasha County from An Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Minnesota, 1874.
Description: Southdale Center, Seventieth and France, Edina, ca. 1958.
"Fight Polio" poster for Sister Kenny Institute on light pole, downtown Minneapolis. 1950.
"Human Guinea Pigs" -- A 1945 Associated Press photo from an article about conscientious objectors' service shows Keys's subjects under study on the treadmill, toward the end of the year-long starvation project.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .