A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Photograph of the brickyard run by Herman and Joseph Imdieke, c.1890. From the Fred W. Peterson archival collection, Stearns History Museum, St. Cloud.
Indian Congregation, Sawyer, Fond du Lac Reservation, 1909–1912.
Photograph of an American Indian delegation to Washington, D.C., c.1868. Bagone-giizhig (Hole-in-the-Day the younger) is standing on the balcony to the right of the second pillar from the left.
Map of the lands within Minnesota Territory ceded by American Indians by 1858. Reproduced in Making Minnesota Territory, 1849–1858 (St. Paul: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 1999), page 7.
Map of Indian Land Cessions and Reservations to 1858.
American Indians loading logs at Ponemah Point, Red Lake Reservation, c.1940.
Headline from the Organized Farmer, July 8, 1932.
Glass inkwell with lid belonging to Knute Nelson, c.1890.
Photograph of the interior of Adas Israel Congregation in Duluth. Photograph by Phillip Prowse c.2010.
The interior of Cottage One at the State School, c.1900.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .