The Duluth Street Railway hired twenty-one women as streetcar conductors (or "conductresses," as they termed them) in 1918. Some of them posed outside the streetcar barn at Twenty-sixth Avenue West and Superior Street for this photo taken June 21, 1918.
On a railroad bridge west of Two Harbors, a DM&IR freight consisting entirely of ore cars, or jennies, is seen being pulled by a powerful Yellowstone type steam locomotive, ca. 1940. The locomotive behind it was the most recent locomotive acquisition at the time of the photo.
600 Chestnut Street, Virginia, Minnesota. Photographed by Wikimedia Commons user McGhiever on June 15, 2014. The building was originally used as a depot for the Duluth, Winnipeg & Pacific Railway and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1913.