A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Loring donated this shelter at Loring Park, 1906.
Loring Park with a view of St. Mary's Basilica, Minneapolis. Postcard, c.1917.
Louise Wright Mayo, wife of Dr. William W. Mayo, c.1860. Photographer: Easton's Photograph Gallery.
Lower Dam and Lower Dam Hydro Plant, St. Anthony Falls, designed by William de la Barre, c.1898.
The Lower Sioux Agency building, 1897. The people standing in the foreground are likely the Knueppels, who converted the building into a dwelling in 1891.
The Lower Sioux Agency warehouse, 2012. Photographed by Wikimedia Commons user McGhiever on August 31, 2012.
Hubbard in 1857, the year he came to Red Wing.
Lucius F. Hubbard, 1865.
Lucius F. Hubbard, Colonel, Fifth Minnesota Infantry, c.1863.
Photograph of a small congregation of lumberjacks assembled inside a bunkhouse to hear sky pilot Frank Higgins preach, c.1910.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .