Portrait of Ramsay Crooks
Razing of Sharei Zedeck Synagogue, 726 Bryant Ave. N, Minneapolis, 1936.
Rebuilding the turbine wheel house on Lincoln Mill in Anoka. Postcard, 1918.
The reception and waiting room, Foshay Tower Corporation, Minneapolis, 1931.
Red pepper canister, J.R. Watkins, Winona, Minnesota, 1913-1920.
This late 1860s photograph shows barges along Red Wing's Mississippi River waterfront awaiting wheat for shipment to customers downriver.
This view of Red Wing and the Mississippi was taken the year of its sesquicentennial, in 2007.
Frances Densmore’s father Benjamin and his brother Daniel started Red Wing Iron Works in 1866. Its financial success allowed the family to support her studies at Oberlin Conservatory of Music.
Red Wing Ironworks built in 1866
Flour mills and grain elevators overlook Red Wing’s crowded riverfront, c. 1900.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .