A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Exhibition room at the Minneapolis Institute of Art featuring objects designed by John S. Bradstreet and Company, including a green velvet window curtain with matching valance, ca. 1904.
Image of Washburn A Mill explosion, 1878.
The Exposition Building and St. Anthony Falls, c.1895.
Exposition Building when it was owned by the M. W. Savage Company, 1936.
Advertisement for the first Industrial Exposition with image of new building, 1886.
Extending Soo Line tracks, Minneapolis, 1892.
Exterior of Cottage Four at the State School, c.1900.
Exterior of Pooja Grocers, 855 45th Avenue Northeast, Minneapolis. The store opened in 2009 to meet the growing needs of Indian Americans in Minnesota. Photographed by Preeti Mathur in March 2017.
The exterior of St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral in Minneapolis. Photographed by Paul Nelson on June 10, 2014.
Exterior of Stickney’s grocery store, ca. 1930s.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .