Red Wing Ironworks built in 1866
Flour mills and grain elevators overlook Red Wing’s crowded riverfront, c. 1900.
Red Wing Sewer Pipe factory employees are pictured about 1910 with some of their wares stacked and ready for shipment.
Original Red Wing Shoe Factory built in 1905
A view of Red Wing's crowded riverfront with Barn Bluff in the background, c. 1910. Levee Park, completed in 1905, occupies this space today.
Henry Lewis's 1855 lithograph shows Red Wing's village forty years after Tatankamani (Red Wing) brought his followers there.
The Mississippi River location of Red Wing, the Goodhue County seat, made it an early shipping point for Minnesota wheat. This photo of the city riverfront shows grain barges at anchorage, c. 1870.
Charles Biederman sculpture from 1936. Enamel on wood; size: 45¾ x 10 in.
This image shows the remains of the Sanitarium after it was burned to the ground on November 8, 1997.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .