Map of interstate boundaries in Lake Superior ultimately fixed in 1947.

Interstate boundaries in Lake Superior

Map of interstate boundaries in Lake Superior ultimately fixed in 1947.

Streetcar station, Wildwood Amusement Park, c.1915.

Interurban streetcar station (White Bear Lake), Wildwood

Streetcar station, Wildwood Amusement Park, c.1915.

Black and white photograph of investigators at the Theodore Hamm home, 671 Greenbrier, St. Paul, following the kidnapping of William Hamm Jr., 1933.

Investigators at the Theodore Hamm home

Investigators at the Theodore Hamm home, 671 Greenbrier, St. Paul, following the kidnapping of William Hamm Jr., 1933.

Color scan of an invitation to the ceremony on February 10, 1991, that reactivated the Thirty-fourth Division.

Invitation to Thirty-Fourth Division Reactivation Ceremony

Invitation to the ceremony on February 10, 1991, that reactivated the Thirty-fourth Division. The Forty-seventh “Viking” Infantry Division was redesignated as the Thirty-fourth “Red Bull” Infantry Division—exactly 50 years after the Thirty-fourth was activated for what became World War II. The personnel and organizational structure remained the same; only the name and number was changed. Original invitation held by the Minnesota Military Museum.

Map of the boundaries of Iowa approved by Congress in 1845 but rejected by Iowa voters.

Iowa boundaries approved by Congress, 1845

Map of the boundaries of Iowa approved by Congress in 1845 but rejected by Iowa voters.

Irene Paull as a child with her siblings

Irene Paull as a child with her siblings

Irene Levine Paull (right) as a child with her siblings Sam and Etta, c.1915.

Irene Paull Testifying Before HUAC

Irene Paull Testifying Before HUAC

Irene Levine Paull testifying before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), July 2, 1963.

Iron lung patient and staff, Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis.

Iron lung patient and staff, Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis

Iron lung patient and staff, Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis. c.1942.

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute

Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia