The Northwestern Guaranty Loan (later Metropolitan) Building, c.1892; it was the Twin Cities' tallest nineteenth-century skyscraper.
Photograph of Norwood public school in 1903. Photograph Collection, Carver County Historical Society, Waconia.
Shaft number eight, Soudan Mine, c.1900
Nurse with patient in Fergus Falls State Hospital c.1900.
CCHS President O.D. Sell in Mayer with a donated banner from the German Reading Society, 1942.
Architect's c.1887 drawing of Goodsell Observatory, including a small floor plan. From American Architect and Building News, no. 601 (July 2, 1887).
Swisshelm's office and home in St. Cloud, also approximately 1860
Office of Faribault Woolen Mills, founder Carl H. Klemer standing to right of bicycle, 1897.
Watercolor on paper of the office of the St. Paul Pioneer and Democrat newspaper as the building appeared in 1858.
Officers of the First Minnesota Volunteers standing in front of the commandant's house at Fort Snelling, May, 1861.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .