A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Gables at 201 Fourth Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built in 1856.
Gale Pillsbury Hilyer, ca.1919. Hilyer was captain of Company C of the Sixteenth Battalion, Minnesota Home Guard and a founding member of the Minneapolis NAACP. Image is from the Minneapolis National Advocate, March 15, 1919.
Students in a gardening class tend a field in Pipestone County, c.1918.
A side view of the exterior of the Chaska pickling factory showing the vats used to brine the pickles, undated.
A man standing to the left of the Gedney sign, outside the Chaska factory, c.1980s.
Gedney's Pantry Pickles label, c.1935.
Gedney's Tomato Catsup label, c.1935.
Label for Gedney Company French Dressing, c.1935.
Front and side views of the Gehl-Mittelsted Farmhouse as it is in the twenty-first century. Rights held by the CCHS.
General Alfred H. Sully (center) with (L to R) John H. Pell, Andrew J. Levering, and Josias R. King, c.1862.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .