A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Harrington-Merrill house with Harry Merrill standing in the foreground, 1890.
Illustration of a field of wire grass during harvest time c.1901. Originally reproduced in Herbert Myrick's Creating New Industries (Chicago: Orange Judd, 1901).
Hay Creek, south of Red Wing, attracted German-speaking settlers including the founders of Hawkeye Mills. By 1870, eighty percent of Hay Creek township residents were German, the second highest concentration in Minnesota at the time.
Hazel Belvo, George Morrison, and their son, Briand Morrison, c.1978. Photograph by Victor Bloomfield.
The Hazelwood Mission of Stephen R. Riggs in Yellow Medicine County, c.1860.
Front façade of the Head House of the Duluth Armory, 2013. Photograph by Wikimedia Commons user Chris857.
Headline from the Organized Farmer, July 11, 1930
Hebeisen Hardware 109 Third Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built c.1870.
A service at the Jewish Home for the Aged in St. Paul, c.1925. Photograph by Norton & Peel.
Helvetia General Store, operated by Reinhold Zeglin. Photo shows Zeglin family and various community members, c.1878.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .