An operating room at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester, 1893. The Sisters of St. Francis at St. Mary's were known for their excellent nursing care.
The ore docks at Duluth, 1903. These docks were originally begun by the Merritts, but the family was barely able to utilize them before losing their mining interests to John D. Rockefeller.
Oren C. Gregg, superintendent of the Farmers' Institute, and Lyon County auditor for ten years, c.1905. Photograph by James A. Brush.
The first Jewish Home for the Aged building at 75 Wilkin Street, c.1908. Image taken from Jewish Home for the Aged: First Annual Report, 1908–1909. St. Paul: Enterprise Printing Co., .
Orlando Crosby Merriman, Sr. Mayor of St. Anthony and Captain of Company B, Sixth Minnesota Regiment, c.1863. Photograph by Beal's Gallery.
The Chubb House, 1995.
Dr. Orville P Chubb, c.1870.
Orville Paterson Chubb, c.1885.
Overcrowded sleeping areas for patients, Fergus Falls State Hospital, 1948.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .