Photograph of a group of factory employees

Red Wing sewer pipe workers

Red Wing Sewer Pipe factory employees with some of their wares stacked and ready for shipment, c.1910.

Red Wing Shoe Company, front view, 2010

Red Wing Shoe Company, front view

Original Red Wing Shoe Factory, 2010.

Red Wing Shoe Company, view of west side, 2010

Red Wing Shoe Company, view of west side

Original Red Wing Shoe Factory, 2010.

Black and white photograph of Red Wing's crowded riverfront with Barn Bluff in the background, c. 1910

Red Wing's crowded riverfront with Barn Bluff in the background, c. 1910

A view of Red Wing's crowded riverfront with Barn Bluff in the background, c. 1910. Levee Park, completed in 1905, occupies this space today.

Color lithograph of Red Wing's village in 1855.

Red Wing's Village

Henry Lewis's 1855 lithograph shows Red Wing's village forty years after Tatankamani (Red Wing) brought his followers there.

Black and white photograph of Red Wing, c.1870.

Red Wing, c.1870

The Mississippi River location of Red Wing, the Goodhue County seat, made it an early shipping point for Minnesota wheat. This photo of the city riverfront shows grain barges at anchorage, c. 1870.

The refurbished Thomas J. Lee monument in New Albin, Iowa, seen looking northwesterly into Minnesota. The monument, originally erected by Lee and the U.S. Topographic Engineer Corps in 1849, marks the Minnesota–Iowa boundary near Minnesota's southeast corner. Photographed by William Lass on May 23, 1972.

Refurbished Thomas J. Lee monument

The refurbished Thomas J. Lee monument in New Albin, Iowa, seen looking northwesterly into Minnesota. The monument, originally erected by Lee and the U.S. Topographic Engineer Corps in 1849, marks the Minnesota–Iowa boundary near Minnesota's southeast corner. Photographed by William Lass on November 3, 2009.

Relief, New York, 1936

Relief, New York, 1936

Charles Biederman sculpture from 1936. Enamel on wood; size: 45¾ x 10 in.

Black and white negative of High bridge c. February 1985.

Remains of High bridge after demolition, St. Paul

Black and white negative of High bridge c. February 1985.

Remains of Mudcura

Remains of Mudcura

The remains of the Sanitarium after it was burned to the ground on November 8, 1997.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia