Photograph of the exterior of Tifereth B’nai Jacob Congregation at 810 Elwood Avenue in Minneapolis. Taken by the Minneapolis Star Journal Tribune in 1948.
Photograph of the exterior of Tifereth Israel Synagogue in Duluth. Tifereth Israel merged with Temple Emanuel in 1969 to form Temple Israel.
Timber workers, potentially during strike 1930-1939.
To Remember Dan Patch, a sculpture of Dan Patch commissioned by his owner, Marion Savage, and created by Alexander Stirling Calder Sr. between 1912 and 1915.
Assistant keeper Tom Hassing stands next to diesel air compressors at Split Rock Lighthouse c.1945.
Unedited KSTP-TV footage of the Tower-Soudan iron mine in 1979, including interior and exterior views and shots of the Engine House, elevator shaft, mine workers and mine visitors.
Miners at the Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, 1890.
Soudan Mine, lower level, 1963.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .