A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Sanford Hall, built in 1910 and named for Maria Sanford, was the first women's dormitory at the University of Minnesota, c.1915.
Photograph of a group of Santee Dakota taken at Prairie Island c.1915.
Sarah Elizabeth Gordon Chubb, c.1870.
Sarah Jane Steele Sibley, wife of Henry H. Sibley, 1858.
Abandoned log savusauna similar to the one in Cokato, Pelican Lake, 1964.
Sauna stove, 1974. Photograph by Matti E. Kaups.
Sawmill on the Red Lake Reservation, c.1945.
Photograph taken just after the St. Anthony Falls Tunnel collapse, 1869. The Hennepin Suspension Bridge is visible in the background.
One of ninety-eight hand-painted scenic drops used for Scottish and York rites inside Winona's Masonic Temple.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .