Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
President William McKinley and Governor John Lind

President William McKinley and Governor John Lind

President William McKinley and Governor John Lind in a review stand as a parade passes by, Minneapolis, c.1900.

Black and white photograph of African American barber Prince Honeycutt in his Fergus Falls shop, c.1900.

Prince Honeycutt in his Fergus Falls shop

African American barber Prince Honeycutt in his Fergus Falls shop, c.1900.

Black and white photograph of a printing machine in the office of the Waconia Patriot. Date and photographer unknown.

Printing machine in the office of the Waconia Patriot

Printing machine in the office of the Waconia Patriot. Date and photographer unknown.

Private Adam Marty of the First Minnesota, Company B.

Private Adam Marty of the First Minnesota, Company B

Photograph taken of Adam Marty taken in Philadelphia, c.1864.

Black and white photograph of a procession in front of St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral in Minneapolis, May 4, 1936.

Procession at St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral

Procession in front of St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral in Minneapolis, May 4, 1936.

Procession leaving the Basilica of St. Mary for the dedication of the statue of Father Louis Hennepin

Procession leaving the Basilica of St. Mary for the dedication of the statue of Father Louis Hennepin

Procession leaving the Basilica of St. Mary for the dedication of the statue of Father Louis Hennepin at Hennepin and Superior avenues in Minneapolis. Photograph by the Minneapolis Journal, October 12, 1930.

Prospect Park tower

Prospect Park tower

Prospect Park Water Tower, 1937. Photographer: .

Prospect Park water tower, Minneapolis

Prospect Park water tower, Minneapolis

Prospect Park Water Tower, Minneapolis, 1914–1915. Photographer: Charles J. Hibbard.

Color image of Minnesota Commission of Public Safety "Peace Officer" badge.

Public Safety Commission Badge

On May 14, 1917 the Minnesota Commission of Public Safety began the appointment of "Peace Officers." Officers wore metallic badges and protected the private property of citizens.

Pumping Station number three, Minneapolis.

Pumping Station number three, Minneapolis

Pumping Station Number 3, c.1898.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia