A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Looking west towards the Stuntz boathouse site, Lake Vermilion–Soudan Underground Mine State Park. Photograph by Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Staff, August 3, 2010.
Carte-de-visite of Loren Webb, Captain, Eleventh Minnesota Infantry Regiment, Company D., c.1861–1865.
Loring Cascade, 1920. Loring donated this artificial waterfall in 1917.
Loring donated this shelter at Loring Park, 1906.
Loring Park with a view of St. Mary's Basilica, Minneapolis. Postcard, c.1917.
Louise Wright Mayo, wife of Dr. William W. Mayo, c.1860. Photographer: Easton's Photograph Gallery.
Lower Dam and Lower Dam Hydro Plant, St. Anthony Falls, designed by William de la Barre, c.1898.
The Lower Sioux Agency building, 1897. The people standing in the foreground are likely the Knueppels, who converted the building into a dwelling in 1891.
The Lower Sioux Agency warehouse, 2012. Photographed by Wikimedia Commons user McGhiever on August 31, 2012.
Lower West Side and Wabasha Bridge, c.1885.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .