Visitors pose on the bridge below the falls, c.1869.
Captain Leonard Aldrich of the Eighth Minnesota's Company F carried this sword during the 1863 Henry Sibley expedition against the Dakota.
Josiah Lathrop of the Eighth Minnesota's Company H used this 1850 model pouch during the Civil War.
This Brooklyn, New York-made waist belt belonged to Josiah Lathrop of the Eighth Minnesota's Company H.
United States Light House Service uniform hat worn by Orren Young, the first head light keeper at Split Rock Light Station. Young wore the hat between 1910 and 1928.
Underground miner, Mesabi Range, c.1906.
Underground mining on the Mesabi Range, 1906.
Unfinished watercolor and pencil study for a poster, possibly by Mary S. Campbell, c.1915.
Men's full length Munsingwear union suit. The union suit is knit of a wool and cotton blend and has long sleeves, a high neck, full open front with twelve white buttons, and a back flap. The suit's knit cuffs are sewn to each sleeve and leg opening.
Universal Laboratories Building, 2009.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .