Map of Fort Ripley as surveyed in 1874, showing the ninety square miles of reservation land on the east side of the river and one square mile for the actual post on the west side. The sale of parcels on the east side in 1857, and subsequent annulment of the sale, created legal problems that took twenty years to untangle. (From 46 Congress, 2 session, Senate Reports, no. 196, serial 1893.)
Detail view of a map reproduced in Alfred Andreas's An Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Minnesota. Chicago: A.T. Andreas, 1874. The map shows the location of the Belle Prairie Mission relative to Fort Ripley and Little Falls.