A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Photograph of the Gág family home at 200 South German Street in New Ulm. Taken by Anton Gág, c.1890.
Alexis J. Fournier painting "The Glen by Moonlight," c.1890.
Starboard bow view in river at Manitowoc, c.1900
Starboard bow view of the Hesper in St. Mary's River, c.1900.
An 1879 view of William LeDuc's fanciful Gothic Revival house, which still stands in Hastings. Photograph by J.H. Proctor.
The Minnesota Building, 2009. Photograph by Thomas R. Zahn.
1878 advertisement featuring the Minnesota State Fair.
The old Babbitt plant of the Mesabi Iron Company was enlarged and rebuilt for use as a test plant by Reserve Mining Company in 1951–1952. It operated from 1952–1957 producing taconite pellets.
The Old Union Depot, St. Paul, c.1890.
The original St. Mary’s Orthodox Cathedral building in Minneapolis, 1888.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .