A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Harriet Island pavilion in St. Paul designed by Clarence Wigington and built in 1941. Since its construction, the building has been renamed the Clarence W. Wigington Pavilion. Photographed by Paul Nelson on August 5, 2014.
Clarence Wigington, c.1940s.
Portrait of Clarence Wigington from the St. Paul Appeal, September 18, 1915.
Clarks Grove Cooperative Creamery, 1937. Photographer: Everett E. Edwards.
Memorial to Herman Grote in St. Paul’s Oakland Cemetery featuring a relief carving of clasped hands. Photographed by Paul Nelson on April 20, 2014.
Hebrew class at St. Paul's Jewish Educational Center, 1931.
Large lecture room at University of Minnesota with ears of corn laid out for judging by students. Photographed by Harry D. Ayer c.1910.
Miners pose next to a rural Goodhue County clay pit, c.1905.
Miners at a Claybank pit near Goodhue fill steam-shovel buckets with clay, c.1910.
Workers load sewer pipe into boxcars near the West Main Street location of the Red Wing Sewer Pipe Factory, c.1900.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .