Iron lung used at Kenny Institute. 'The Emerson Respirator' manufactured by the J.H. Emerson Co., Cambridge 40, MA, 1953. Juvenile size iron lung used at Sister Kenny Institute, Minneapolis, to treat polio patients.
J.E. Schroggins, salesman for Watkins' Remedies of Red Wing, posed with his horse-drawn buggy, Red Wing, c.1900.
J.R. Watkins Company, Winona, 1956. Photographer: St. Paul Dispatch and Pioneer Press.
J.R. Watkins Company, Winona. Administration building in foreground, c.1945.
Sculptor Jacob Fjelde with his siblings, c.1890.
Portrait of James C. Burbank, a founding member of the Minnesota Stage Company, c.1872.
James K. Hilyard, early co-owner of the Western Appeal, c.1886.
James Madison Bowler (with cane) and Leonard A. Rosing, c.1900.
Janette (Jeannette) Crooks displaying Battenberg lace piece, c. 1900.
Official Governor’s Portrait of John A. Johnson, 1907. Artist: Nicholas Richard Brewer.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .