Woman's white ermine tippet and muff set made c.1840 from pelts collected by traders working for the American Fur Company. Worn by Sarah Alexandrine Sibley, sister of American Fur Company agent Henry Sibley, during an 1840 visit to Washington, DC.
Red Wing's leading quarry owner G.A. Carlson built this 1882 Barn Bluff limestone kiln near the Milwaukee Road's tracks. He wished to facilitate shipments of lime and cement. The kiln, pictured about 1885, still exists.
G.O. Miller's first store in Vasa, the Swedish colony founded in 1853, is the building to the left. Immigrants from Sweden made Vasa the center of their Goodhue County settlement. The community retains its Swedish heritage to the present day.