A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
G.O. Miller's first store in Vasa, the Swedish colony founded in 1853, is the building to the left. Immigrants from Sweden made Vasa the center of their Goodhue County settlement. The community retains its Swedish heritage to the present day.
Gables at 201 Fourth Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built in 1856.
Gale Pillsbury Hilyer, c.1919. Hilyer was captain of Company C of the Sixteenth Battalion, Minnesota Home Guard. Image is from the Minneapolis National Advocate, March 15, 1919.
A side view of the exterior of the Chaska pickling factory showing the vats used to brine the pickles, undated.
A man standing to the left of the Gedney sign, outside the Chaska factory, c.1980s.
Gedney's Pantry Pickles label, c.1935.
Gedney's Tomato Catsup label, c.1935.
Label for Gedney Company French Dressing, c.1935.
Front and side views of the Gehl-Mittelsted Farmhouse as it is in the twenty-first century. Rights held by the CCHS.
General Lauris Norstad of Red Wing, c.1960.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .