Harrington-Merrill house with Harry Merrill standing in the foreground, 1890.
Illustration of a field of wire grass during harvest time c.1901. Originally reproduced in Herbert Myrick's Creating New Industries (Chicago: Orange Judd, 1901).
Hay Creek, south of Red Wing, attracted German-speaking settlers including the founders of Hawkeye Mills. By 1870, eighty percent of Hay Creek township residents were German, the second highest concentration in Minnesota at the time.
Headline from the Organized Farmer, July 11, 1930
Hebeisen Hardware 109 Third Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built c.1870.
Helvetia General Store, operated by Reinhold Zeglin. Photo shows Zeglin family and various community members, c.1878.
Painting of Father Louis Hennepin at the Falls of St. Anthony in 1680. Painted c. 1903 by J. N. Marchand.
Black and white, daguerreotype-style photograph of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, c.1857.
Black and white photo negative of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, c.1868.
The West Hotel, on Hennepin Avenue, looking west from Fourth Street, 1890.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .