Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Group of students at Hamline University, Red Wing, c.1861

Group of students at Hamline University, Red Wing

Group of students at Hamline University, Red Wing; Margaret Fraser Sumner in back row with braids, c.1861

Black and white photograph of Minnesota Home Defense squadron which took over Sell Airfield in 1941.

Guards at Sell Airfield

Minnesota Home Defense squadron that took over Sell Airfield in 1941.

a gum tree mortar made by a Civil War soldier

Gum-tree mortar barrel

Mortar barrel made from the trunk of a gum tree and bound with iron bands. The mortar was made by a member of the Seventh Minnesota Infantry Regiment and used during the siege of Spanish Fort, Alabama, part of the March–April 1865 campaign against Mobile.

Black and white photograph of students at Gustavus Adolphus College c.1972.

Gustavus Adolphus students

Students at Gustavus Adolphus College c.1972. Photographed by staff of the Gustavian Weekly student newspaper for an article published on October 27, 1972.

Black and white photograph of gym class at the State School, 1912.

Gym class, Owatonna State School

Gym class at the State School, 1912.

Black and white photograph of a Halloween party for the pre-kindergarten class at the Jewish Educational Center in St. Paul, 1937.

Halloween party for the pre-kindergarten class at the Jewish Educational Center

Photograph of a Halloween party for the pre-kindergarten class at the Jewish Educational Center in St. Paul, 1937.

Color image of St. Paul’s Hamline Playground Building designed by Clarence Wigington and built in 1940. Photographed by Paul Nelson on August 4, 2014.

Hamline playground building

St. Paul’s Hamline Playground Building designed by Clarence Wigington and built in 1940. Photographed by Paul Nelson on August 4, 2014.

Hamline University, Red Wing

Hamline University, Red Wing

Hamline University, Red Wing, c.1865. Photograph by Kenneth M. Wright Studios.

Hamline University, Red Wing, c.1863.

Hamline University, Red Wing

Hamline University, Red Wing, c.1863.

Hand-painted pendant art original

Hand-painted pendant art original

Hand-painted pendant made by Henrietta Barclay Paist between 1920 and 1929.

Pages

Subscribe to Multimedia