A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Hay Creek, south of Red Wing, attracted German-speaking settlers including the founders of Hawkeye Mills. By 1870, eighty percent of Hay Creek township residents were German, the second highest concentration in Minnesota at the time.
Front façade of the Head House of the Duluth Armory, 2013. Photograph by Wikimedia Commons user Chris857.
Headline from the Organized Farmer, July 11, 1930
Hebeisen Hardware 109 Third Street East, Carver, Minnesota. Built c.1870.
A service at the Jewish Home for the Aged in St. Paul, c.1925. Photograph by Norton & Peel .
Helvetia General Store, operated by Reinhold Zeglin. Photo shows Zeglin family and various community members, c.1878.
Painting of Father Louis Hennepin at the Falls of St. Anthony in 1680. Painted c. 1903 by J. N. Marchand.
Black and white, daguerreotype-style photograph of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, c.1857.
Black and white photo negative of the Hennepin Avenue Bridge, c.1868.
The West Hotel, on Hennepin Avenue, looking west from Fourth Street, 1890.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .