A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
Photograph of reference monument 44, Rose Island, Lake of the Woods. The monument marks the northwest point of Lake of the Woods on Rose Island. Photographed by William E. Lass on May 23, 1972.
Black and white engraving on paper depicting Lake Pepin. Made by Jacob C. Ward c.1840.
Painting by Birney Quick of the Lake Superior Shoreline, 1956.
Renovations at Lake Winnibigoshish 1898–1899.
A pair of Lakota trousers made of hide with extensive bead and quillwork decoration. Made with a combination of machine and hand sewing. Collected at the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation, c.1900.
Landscape/Seascape with Surrealist Forms: Red Rock Variation, 1984. Drawn by George Morrison.
The restored Dakota mission of Stephen R. Riggs and Thomas S. Williamson at Lac qui Parle State Park, 1971. Photographed by Jack Renshaw.
Last day of streetcar service in Minneapolis, June 18, 1954.
The last known photograph of St. Paul's Central Park in use as a park, 1960.
Looking north on France Avenue at Forty-Sixth Street as the last streetcar to run on France between Forty-Forth Street and Fifty-Forth Street passes the work crew that is about to tear up the track, August 10, 1952.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .