Looking up the Incline from Superior Street, about 1907. The Incline is at it appeared in the years 1902-1911, with only a single car.
Seventh Avenue West and Superior Street, Duluth
Looking up the Incline from Superior Street. The Incline is as it appeared in the period 1911–1939.
Looking west across downtown Duluth, with the Incline in profile on the hillside, c.1910.
Creator: Duluth Photo Engraving Company
Carte-de-visite of Loren Webb, Captain, Eleventh Minnesota Infantry Regiment, Company D., c.1861–1865.
Loring Cascade, 1920. Loring donated this artificial waterfall in 1917.
Loring donated this shelter at Loring Park, 1906.
Loring Park with a view of St. Mary's Basilica, Minneapolis. Postcard, c.1917.
Louise Wright Mayo, wife of Dr. William W. Mayo, c.1860. Photographer: Easton's Photograph Gallery.
Lower Dam and Lower Dam Hydro Plant, St. Anthony Falls, designed by William de la Barre, c.1898.
The Lower Sioux Agency building, 1897. The people standing in the foreground are likely the Knueppels, who converted the building into a dwelling in 1891.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .