Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo
Black and white photograph of the expanded downtown store complex, c.1938. The  original store is in the darker shade.

Dayton’s, Minneapolis

The expanded downtown store complex, c.1938. The original store is in the darker shade.

Colorized postcard image of downtown store at 700 Nicollet Ave., 1912.

The Dayton Company

Postcard image of downtown store at 700 Nicollet Ave., 1912.

Color image of the front façade of the Head House of the Duluth Armory, 2010.

Head House, Duluth Armory

Front façade of the Head House of the Duluth Armory, 2013. Photograph by Wikimedia Commons user Chris857.

Black and white photograph of Duluth’s Third Regiment Armory, a predecessor of the larger National Guard armory built in 1915. Photographed by Hugh McKenzie c. 1915.

Third Regiment Armory, Duluth

Duluth’s Third Regiment Armory, a predecessor of the larger National Guard armory built in 1915. Photographed by Hugh McKenzie, c.1915.

Colorized postcard of the Duluth Armory, c.1920.

Duluth Armory

Postcard of the Duluth Armory, c.1920.

Duluth Armory

The Duluth Armory has served as both a military training facility and an entertainment venue since its construction in 1915. Notable for its neoclassical design, the armory was central to the work of the National Guard and Home Guard. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.

Black and white photograph of Shattuck School, Faribault, c.1949. The arch and Shumway, designed in 1886, and Morgan Refectory designed in 1888.

Shattuck School, Faribault

Shattuck School, Faribault, c.1949. The arch and Shumway, designed in 1886, and Morgan Refectory designed in 1888.

Color image of the Ernest Sperry House, 2163 Iglehart, St. Paul designed in 1908. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 29, 2014.

Ernest Sperry House

Ernest Sperry House, 2163 Iglehart, St. Paul designed in 1908. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 29, 2014.

Color image of the Olaf Lee House designed in 1905, at 955 Jessie St., Clarence Johnston’s only house on St. Paul’s East Side. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 26, 2014.

Olaf Lee House

Olaf Lee House designed in 1905, at 955 Jessie St., Clarence Johnston’s only house on St. Paul’s East Side. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 26, 2014.

Color image of the Susan Welch House designed in 1894, at 785 Dayton Ave., St. Paul. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 26, 2014.

Susan Welch House

Susan Welch House designed in 1894, at 785 Dayton Ave., St. Paul. Photograph by Paul Nelson, September 26, 2014.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Architecture