A resource for reliable information about significant people, places, events, and things in Minnesota history.
One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture flanking the south entrance doors of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on April 13, 2008.
One of the panels of Lee Lawrie's "Voice of the People" relief sculpture over the north entrance of the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse. Photographed by Paul Nelson on June 1, 2008.
Close-up view of a panel of bleu belge marble in the St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse's Memorial Hall. Photographed by Paul Nelson on September 4, 2007.
Postcard view of the third Ramsey County courthouse, also used as St. Paul's City Hall, c.1935.
Photograph of the second Ramsey County courthouse, c.1908. This view is looking northeast. The Victory parking ramp later occupied this space.
Oil-on-canvas painting of the first Ramsey County courthouse. Painted by Alexis Jean Fournier in 1888.
St. Paul City Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse viewed from the south side of Kellogg Boulevard, 2005.
Ramsey County's third courthouse, which opened in 1932, is a treasure trove of wood, stone, sculpture, and art-deco style.
The K. J. Taralseth Company Building, 1915. Originally published in Warren Sheaf, September 1, 1915.
K. J. Taralseth Company Building, Marshall County, c.2002.
Made possible by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund through the vote of Minnesotans on November 4, 2008. Administered by the Minnesota Historical Society.
Minnesota Historical Society • 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 (Map) • 651-259-3000 © .