Built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) between 1934 and 1935, the Marcell Ranger Station exemplifies the core principles of the National Park Service's architectural philosophy: minimalist construction and use of native materials.
Built in 1909, the Winona Masonic Temple with its large public ballroom and other meeting rooms was an important center of social and civic activity in the city. It continues to serve Winona in the twenty-first century.
Looking northwest across the park, c.1900. The turreted house near the center is, or are, the Hardenbergh and Blood mansions, a double house designed by Clarence H. Johnston. To the right, at the north end of the park is the Uri Lamprey house, which predated the park. The west wing Minnesota Judicial Center now occupies that site.