Built in 1909, the Winona Masonic Temple with its large public ballroom and other meeting rooms was an important center of social and civic activity in the city. It continues to serve Winona in the twenty-first century.
Looking northwest across the park, c.1900. The turreted house near the center is, or are, the Hardenbergh and Blood mansions, a double house designed by Clarence H. Johnston. To the right, at the north end of the park is the Uri Lamprey house, which predated the park. The west wing Minnesota Judicial Center now occupies that site.